Complete Street Program
The following information is for jurisdictions interested in participating in a 2021 Complete Streets Award. The 2021 nominating process is now officially open. The Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) is one of several state agencies and non-profit organizations selected by the Transportation Improvement Board (TIB) to be a nominating partner. DAHP is tasked with nominating a total of 10 agencies to TIB to be considered for a Complete Streets Award. At least two nominations submitted by DAHP will be for small towns and/or located in Eastern Washington.
We would like to share some guidance on our process for reviewing applications received by DAHP and submitting our nominations to the Transportation Improvement Board (TIB). If your community (city or county) is interested in being nominated by DAHP for a Complete Streets Award, please take note of the following information:
- Complete Streets and DAHP? What’s the connection? The character, quality, appearance, safety, and design of streets are key to healthy, vibrant, and economically strong communities, especially historic downtowns, historic commercial districts, and historic neighborhoods. By fostering a range of transportation options, experience has demonstrated that an attractive, safe, and accessible downtowns and neighborhoods create places where people want to live, work, and play.
- Please view TIB’s webpage with information about the Complete Streets program and to see whether your community is currently eligible.
- To be considered for nomination by DAHP, please review DAHP’s 2021 Complete Streets Nomination Consideration Form and answer the five Application Questions included in the document. (APPLICATION Form) This application must be completed and received by DAHP no later than 5:00 pm PST on Wednesday November 1, 2021. Applications should be submitted by email only to: email@example.com.
- It is important that the most appropriate “agency” and “agency contact” be indicated on the nomination form. This must be a city or county official in your jurisdiction who is legally authorized to implement the Complete Streets program and associated projects.
- Applications submitted to DAHP from Certified Local Governments (CLG’s) and/or certified Main Street communities will receive priority consideration for DAHP’s 10 allotted slots for nominating jurisdictions. For a list of communities with certified Main Street programs: Click here! For a list of communities with Certified Local Government Programs, visit this DAHP webpage: Click here!
- DAHP uses an Internal Review Sheet to score applications we receive.
- DAHP will submit its nominations to TIB using the following nomination Form by December 1, 2021.
If your jurisdiction would like to be nominated by DAHP to the Complete Streets grant program, please submit your application for review to either Michelle Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-890-2617 or Dennis Wardlaw at Dennis.Wardlaw@dahp.wa.gov or (360) 485-5014.
Thank you, and we look forward to working with you.