Nominations Sought for Outstanding Achievements in Historic Preservation
The Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) is seeking nominations for the 27th Annual Awards for Outstanding Achievements in Historic Preservation. This awards program recognizes persons, organizations, and projects that have achieved distinction in the field of historic preservation.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony held during National Historic Preservation Month, celebrated in May each year. The ceremony and reception take place on Tuesday afternoon, May 15, 2018, at the Pritchard Building on the Capitol Campus in Olympia.
Nominations can be made in one of the following categories:
• Barn Rehabilitation or Restoration Award
• Career Achievement Award in Archaeology or Historic Preservation
• Cemetery Preservation Achievement
• Preservation in Public Education Award
• Historic Preservation Stewardship Award
• Media as a tool for Historic Preservation Award
• Historic Preservation Planning Award
• Special Achievement in Historic Preservation Award
• Valerie Sivinksi Award for Outstanding Rehabilitation of a historic property.
A nominee in the Cemetery Preservation category should demonstrate outstanding career achievement, or stewardship, or made an exemplary effort in restoring a historic cemetery.
Nominations for the State Historic Preservation Officers Awards must be postmarked or submitted via email to Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 9, 2018, at 5 pm. Nomination forms, instructions, and past award winners may be obtained by visiting https://dahp.wa.gov/news-events/historic-preservation-month/shpo-awards.
Questions? Contact Russell Holter 360.586.3533 or email@example.com.