The Secure Side of WISAARD
Accessing the WISAARD for Data Entry, Archaeological Information & CRM Reports
Wisaard has two levels of secure access. The first level allows access to the Project module for historic property inventory data entry. The second level includes access to Washington State's vast collection of archaeological site inventory data and cultural resources reports. Access to historic property data entry does not require this level of access.
Access to archaeological data can be gained by completing one of the forms below and returning it, along with any needed documentation, to DAHP by mail. Please mail the form to Annie Strader DAHP PO Box 48343 Olympia WA 98504.
The form must have an original signature, PDF's or faxes of the form will NOT be accepted. ***Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DAHP offices are closed and are not receiving mail. During the closure only, we will accept scanned or photographed signature pages via email. Once DAHP offices reopen, you will have two weeks to submit the agreement via postal mail. If we do not receive the hard copy within two weeks, access to archaeological information will be suspended. Please email agreements to Annie.Strader@dahp.wa.gov.
WISAARD Archaeological Access Agreements
- If you are a professional archaeologist meeting the Sec. of Interior Standards and Washington State Statute 27.53.030, click here.
- If you are a Tribal cultural resource staff member, click here.
- If you meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards in a discipline other than archaeology, click here.
- If you are a Section 106 Manager for a Federal or State Agency, but do not meet the Sec. of the Interior Standards in any discipline, click here.
- If you have a B.A. in archaeology and 5 years experience in Washington, click here.
- If you have a Masters' degree in archaeology or closely related field and are under professional archaeologist supervision, click here.
- If you are an anthropology student needing access for a class project, click here.
- If you are an academic researcher, click here.
Go to the Wisaard System page to get help signing up for a Secure Access Washington (SAW) account and complete your WISAARD registration. Please note that you will be approved for the first level of secure access, but you will not be able to see archaeological information until DAHP has received and approved your signed user agreement.