- Historic Context for the Protection of Asian/Pacific American Resources
- Asian American Pacific Islander National Historic Landmark Theme Study
In 2015 & 2018 DAHP received Underrepresented Community grants from the National Park Service to complete a study of Latino heritage in the Yakima Valley and Greater Seattle Area. We are happy to present the findings of the studies, prepared by Artifacts Consulting, in the form of a report (in Spanish and English), 37 intensive level historic property inventory forms, two National Register nominations, and oral interviews. You may download the surey reports using the link below and access the inventory forms by going to Wisaard. The National Register nominations are currently being processed by staff and will be posted when they are finalized. The oral interviews are housed in the state archives.
- Yakima Valley Latino Study - Oct 2016
- LINK TO WISAARD: Search by title: Yakima Valley Latino or Project #2015-09-00220
- Latino Heritage of Greater Seattle Study - May 2019
Preparation of these reports would not have been possible without the support from the following entities and individuals: University of Washington, Erasmo Gamboa, Gonzalo Guzman; Heritage Univeristy, Ricardo Valdez, Greg Hinze; Radio KDNA; and Mac Gamboa. Heritage University students and the following interviewees: Nohemi Sanchez interviewed by Yesenia Hunter & Cesar Lopez, Pete Flores interviewed by Emiliano Orozco & Sean Etherington, Jessie Farias interviewed by Joni Snyder and Murry Hannigan, and Gilberto Alaniz interviewed by LaTasha Larez.