The WISAARD the state's digital repository for architectural and archaeological resources and reports. Searching the database and data entry are its main functions.
If you are a member of the public and would like to search for historic properties, click the image at left or use this link to the PUBLIC interface where you can search publicly accessible information without logging in. This includes all above-ground resources that have been surveyed and National Register-listed buildings, structures, and sites.
Access to archaeological data is redacted from public viewing in accordance with state law. More information about access to archaeological data can be found here.
If you need to enter any information into Wisaard, such as an EZ-2 form, Archaeology or Historic Property inventory forms, or a Survey Report, you will need to enter Wisaard through the state's secure portal, Secure Access Washington. Please follow these instructions to gain access:
- If you already have a Secure Access Washington account please see HERE for instructions to request Wisaard.
- If you did not have a previous Secure Access Washington account, see HERE for sign-up instructions.
- If you need to change your email address for your Secure Access Washington account, click HERE
Internet Browser Issues
If you are using Internet Explorer and can't get past the spinning wheel or gray screen, see these instructions. If that does not work please let us know. We have not had any issues reported with Google Chrome or Firefox internet browsers. We have had one user experience possible issues with Microsoft Edge. This is a new browser and we have not yet pinpointed specific issues. We continue to recommend Chrome or Firefox.
Notes from Wisaard Training Sessions - POSTED 11/2/2016
- Map Searching Tips
- How to Find Previous Determinations in Wisaard
- How Find Your Projects in Wisaard - Search for everything associated with your name
- EZ-2 Tutorial (pdf) VIDEO - Simplified version of historic property inventory form for non-cultural resources professionals. UPDATED 2/16/17
- EZ Forms Video Tutorial - 9/28/2017
- Windows Snipping Tool Tutorial - The free snipping tool included with Microsoft Windows is useful for taking screen shots of maps to include in EZ-1 forms as described in the EZ Forms video tutorial.
- Project Module Tutorial - Used to complete a Historic Property Inventory Form, Archaeology site form, TCP form, or to upload a cultural resources report. UPDATED 9/27/16
- Wisaard Project Process Video
- Historic Property Inventory Form Tutorial - 10/18/2016
- Historic Property Inventory Guidance - 1/11/2018
- Guide to Cultural Resource Reporting
- How to Print & Export Results - UPDATED 5/10/2017 VIDEO TUTORIAL
- Archaeology Site Form/TCP Tutorial (PDF) - Updated 3/29/2018 Archaeology Site Form/TCP Tutorial Process Supplemental Instructions - 1/19/2017
- APE Module Tutorial (PDF) - 10/16/2017