Historic Preservation Month
Nominations Sought for Outstanding Achievements in Historic Preservation
The Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) is seeking nominations for the 31st Annual Awards for Outstanding Achievements in Historic Preservation. This awards program recognizes persons, organizations, and projects that have achieved distinction in the field of historic preservation.
Award recipients will be recognized virtually on DAHP’s webpage and social media accounts during National Historic Preservation Month, May 2022. Award recipients may be requested to submit a short video or acceptance statement following notification of their respective awards.
Nominations can be made in one of the following categories.
- WA Heritage Barn Rehabilitation Award
- Career Achievement Award
- Historic Cemetery Preservation Achievement Education Award
- Preservation Education Award
- Historic Preservation Stewardship Award
- Historic Preservation in the Media Award
- Historic Preservation Planning Award
- Special Achievement Award
- Valerie Sivinski Award for Historic Rehabilitation projects.
Nominations for the State Historic Preservation Officers Awards must be postmarked or submitted to DAHP by Monday, April 18, 2022, at 5 pm.