If you don't know who to call, or have a general inquiry, please call the main line at (360) 586-3065. Someone will direct you to the appropriate staff member.
Many staff are still working remotely. While Email is best point of contact, staff will also be checking voice mails daily.
Please note that DAHP staff no longer have office landlines. Each person in the office has a cell phone and the numbers are listed below. The MAIN OFFICE number has not changed. It is 360-586-3065.
- Latest Hobbies?Crossfit, running with my dogs, weightlifting, photographing sunrises and some martial arts when I get the chance
- What's on your ipod?Everything from Beethoven to Broadway Musicals to the Sex Pistols.
- What did your parents do?Mum -Columnist for the NY Times; Dad-Labor Union attorney (including Actor's Equity on Broadway) I sat in a lot of cavernous empty Broadway theaters as a child while my father arbitrated labor disputes.
- First job?Making french fries at Burger King.
- First Album?Hunky Dory - David Bowie.
- First car?Power Wheels. Red. "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
- Guilty pleasure?Watching TV court shows and playing with LEGOs.
- Pets?Walter - a Great Dane / German Shepherd rescue puppy, and Edwin (who looks like a butler) - a Tuxedo cat,
- Pet Peeve?Bad Mexican food, and when Houser makes up profile info about me before I can input info myself!
- Favorite place to visit?You mean I have to pick one?! Definitely New Orleans.
Built Environment Unit
- First Car?Believe it or not... A "pink" 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
- Latest read?Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Architect?Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris - otherwise known as Le Corbusier
- Do you have any Pets?LuLu (German Short-Haired Pointer), and Sparky (Domestic Shorthair Cat)
- Hobbies?Creating the annual homemade Houser Family Christmas Card. Past designs include a playbill, an Oly-Girls Catalog, and scratch-off lottery style tickets.
- What was your first car?1996 Camry Station Wagon named “Carl”.
- Do you have any pets?One cat named Didi with a chipped ear found wandering the streets of Charleston, SC., and two snakes, Murphy and Flower.
- What are your hobbies?Anything paranormal related, driving backroads looking for old buildings.
- Pet Peeve?When people are rude to service workers.
- Favorite place to visit?The South
- Do you have any pets?An Australian miniature Labradoodle named Coco (aka DB Pooper).
- What are you currently reading?The White Cascade: The Great Northern Railway Disaster and America’s Deadliest Avalanche, a non-fiction transportation disaster story.
- Do you have any hobbies?Birding, cooking and outings with my horror movie club.
- First job?Popcorn sales at a movie theater.
- Favorite place to visit?The northern Oregon coast for the beauty, Palm Springs for the MCM architecture.
- What was your first car?2005 Honda Civic, purchased in 2018 and running great at 220k!
- Do you have any pets?Sweet tabby named Bongo Santamaria.
- What are your hobbies?Hiking, biking, drawing, and light carpentry.
- Favorite place to visit?Cali, Colombia.
- What was your First Job?Ice-cream scooper at Baskin Robbins.
- Pet Peeve?People who talk or use their phones at the movies or live theatre events.
- What is your favorite place to visit?New Hampshire for the family and architecture.
- What are your hobbies?Assisting with lights and sound design at local theatre companies, reading, puzzling.
- What do you drive?My first car was a 1968 Austin 1300. Now it’s a 1962 Land Rover Series IIA.
- What are your hobbies when you’re not busy at work?Tinkering on the Land Rover.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... and I prefer Ubuntu.. open source.
- Do you have any Pets?Poncho Mia— a rescue Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix
- What do you have that most others lack?Mandibular tori
- What do you lack that most others have?Xyphoid process
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?fter soaking and screening woodrat middens, the smell of amberat stays in your nose for days.
- What do you read besides project proposals, consultation letters, and cultural resource reports?I am working through the list of Science Fiction Grand Masters.
- What was your first car?Honda CRX hatchback. A tough car, it survived driving through a herd of wild pigs.
- Do you have any pets?Three cats, two rabbits, three ducks, one goose, and approximately ten chickens. Actually, I have three children and all the pets are theirs.
- Do you have any hobbies?Rock climbing, canoeing, canyoneering.
- Pet Peeve?Commercials and most things from the 1980s (besides Lycra climbing pants and post-processual theory).
- Favorite place to visit?Utah and Canada.
- What was your first car?A 1998 Jeep Cherokee with a multitude of minor problems.
- Do you have any pets?A cat with one eye and a rabbit with a broken tear duct. Looking for a three-legged dog to complete the trifecta.
- What is your favorite holiday?Halloween!
- What was your first car?White 1999 Ford Taurus
- Do you have any pet peeves?Hearing people chew and feeling people shake their leg
- What are your Hobbies?Hiking, homebrewing, and D&D
- Do you have any pets?3 dogs - Bailey, Jager, and Taz
- What was your first car?1970 Buick Skylark with big wide tires and lots of chrome.
- Pet Peeve?I can't eat meat on the bone! Weird I know!!
- What are your hobbies when your not busy at work?Pez Collecting, 20th Century Military History and closet geneologist.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... but I don't let anyone know that.
- Pets?Baghera & Penelope - Tuxedo Cats and The Stray Cat Mr. Pickles
- What was your first car?2008 brown Subaru Outback L.L. Bean Edition
- Pet Peeve?I can’t eat meat on the bone either…must be a secret job requirement.
- What are your Hobbies?Running/walking/hiking, crocheting and knitting, and working on my in-progress thriller novel
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?Whether or not they return their shopping cart is the perfect litmus test for everyone you meet.
- What pets do you have?Rusty the Beagle Mix and Herb the Orange Tabby
Records Management Unit
- What are your favorite activities?Camping & hiking with my kiddo
- What was your first job?Working at my high school friend’s family-owned pizza parlor in Idaho
- What is your favorite music?Folk Rock & Queen
- What was your first job?Hostess at Pelligreno’s Italian Kitchen
- Do you have any pets?George (black lab)
- Do you have any hobbies?Paddleboarding, binge watching cheesy dating shows and upcycling clothes, particularly denim jackets
- What is your favorite hobby?SCUBA diving around the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- Most remote place you have ever hiked?Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Other languages you speak?Spanish
- Do you have any nicknames?My trail name is Burps. You can probably guess why my fellow hikers named me this.
- Most challenging trail hiked?Angels Landing in Zion National Park, especially as someone afraid of heights and with a general fear of falling off a cliff!
- Do you have any pets?A little black cat named Frosty who is a big fan of paper bags and pawing your face at 3 in the morning.
- First album you ever bought?Mezmerize by System of a Down and O.C.M.S. by Old Crowe Medicine Show. Bought them on the same day.
- What was your first job?I waited tables, bussed, hosted, and occasionally washed dishes at a BBQ restaurant in my hometown. It is still the best brisket I’ve ever had.
- Pet peeve?That wet ear feeling when someone whispers in your ear and you can hear all their mouth sounds. . . not a good time.