Please note that due to the pandemic, all staff are working remotely. While Email is best point of contact, staff will also be checking voice mails daily.
**Also note that as of September 3, 2020, DAHP staff no longer have office landlines. Each person in the office has a cell phone and the numbers are listed below. The MAIN OFFICE number has not changed. It is 360-586-3065.
- Latest Hobbies?Crossfit, running with my dogs, weightlifting, photographing sunrises and some martial arts when I get the chance
- What's on your ipod?Everything from Beethoven to Broadway Musicals to the Sex Pistols.
- What did your parents do?Mum -Columnist for the NY Times; Dad-Labor Union attorney (including Actor's Equity on Broadway) I sat in a lot of cavernous empty Broadway theaters as a child while my father arbitrated labor disputes.
- First job?Making french fries at Burger King.
- First Album?Hunky Dory - David Bowie.
- First car?Power Wheels. Red. "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
- Guilty pleasure?Watching TV court shows and playing with LEGOs.
- Pets?Walter - a Great Dane / German Shepherd rescue puppy, and Edwin (who looks like a butler) - a Tuxedo cat,
- Pet Peeve?Bad Mexican food, and when Houser makes up profile info about me before I can input info myself!
- Favorite place to visit?You mean I have to pick one?! Definitely New Orleans.
Built Environment Unit
- First Car?Believe it or not... A "pink" 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
- Latest read?Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Architect?Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris - otherwise known as Le Corbusier
- Do you have any Pets?LuLu (German Short-Haired Pointer), and Sparky (Domestic Shorthair Cat)
- Hobbies?Creating the annual homemade Houser Family Christmas Card. Past designs include a playbill, an Oly-Girls Catalog, and scratch-off lottery style tickets.
- First car?1989 Honda Civic
- PetsBouffa and Freyja Jain, Catahoula Leopard Dogs and two tabbies, Stryker and Rubidoux
- Hobbies?In my spare time I sew things and travel as much as possible.
- Pet Peeve?Bad service
- Favorite place to visit?the Caribbean
- What hobbies do you have?Knitting, baking, reading, scary movies, video gaming (pretty much exclusively Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasies, but always down for a round of Mario Party)
- What is your favorite music?Broadway musicals; current favorite: Hadestown; other favorites: Pirates of Penzance, Wicked
- What types of pets do you have?Corgis; Howard – Pembroke Welsh, Lilo – corgi/sheltie mix
- What was your first job?Stage crew for the local theater
- What are you currently reading?Clan of the Cave Bear; Indian-ish (do cookbooks count?); Jack the Ripper; The Martian Chronicles
- What was your first car?1996 Camry Station Wagon named “Carl”.
- Do you have any pets?One cat named Didi with a chipped ear found wandering the streets of Charleston, SC., and two snakes, Murphy and Flower.
- What are your hobbies?Anything paranormal related, driving backroads looking for old buildings.
- Pet Peeve?When people are rude to service workers.
- Favorite place to visit?The South
- What was your first car?1970 Buick Skylark with big wide tires and lots of chrome.
- Pet Peeve?I can't eat meat on the bone! Weird I know!!
- What are your hobbies when your not busy at work?Pez Collecting, 20th Century Military History and closet geneologist.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... but I don't let anyone know that.
- Pets?Baghera & Penelope - Tuxedo Cats and The Stray Cat Mr. Pickles
- What was your first car?1997 Dodge Neon- it didn’t last long… It crumpled like tissue paper when I was rear-ended on my way to take the GRE back in college. Stressful day.
- What is your favorite animal?A cheetah. This seems a little out of character with my otherwise laid back personality, but I like to run fast.
- Do you have any pets?My little bichon frisé Hubert, a toothless wonder; an aquarium of freshwater fish; and plants, plants, and more plants. Is there such a thing as too many plants?
- Do you have any favorite books?East of Eden, Travels with Charley, The Catcher in the Rye, A Wrinkle in Time, Slaughterhouse Five, Welcome to the Monkey House… and so many more.
- What was you first job?When I turned 14, I started filing at a local insurance agency- I used to lose my press-on nails in the files.
- What do you drive?My first car was a 1968 Austin 1300. Now it’s a 1962 Land Rover Series IIA.
- What are your hobbies when you’re not busy at work?Tinkering on the Land Rover.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... and I prefer Ubuntu.. open source.
- Do you have any Pets?Cisco—the Wonder dog, a rescue Chihuahua
- What do you have that most others lack?Mandibular tori
- What do you lack that most others have?Xyphoid process
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?fter soaking and screening woodrat middens, the smell of amberat stays in your nose for days.
- What do you read besides project proposals, consultation letters, and cultural resource reports?I am working through the list of Science Fiction Grand Masters.
- What was your first car?A 1998 Jeep Cherokee with a multitude of minor problems.
- Do you have any pets?A cat with one eye and a rabbit with a broken tear duct. Looking for a three-legged dog to complete the trifecta.
- What is your favorite holiday?Halloween!
Records Management Unit
- What are your favorite activities?Camping & hiking with my kiddo
- What was your first job?Working at my high school friend’s family-owned pizza parlor in Idaho
- What is your favorite music?Folk Rock & Queen
GIS Unit Unit
- What is your favorite hobby?SCUBA diving around the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- Most remote place you have ever hiked?Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Other languages you speak?Spanish
- What are your favorite activities?Tending to my house plants, reading, running, international travel, dance, and beachcombing.
- Do you have any pets?Three cats: Cleo (white and grey domestic, quite old and very petite), Fig (maine coon/tabby mix, class clown), and Cricket (tabby, is baby).
- What was your first job?I worked at a daycare out of high school.
- Pet peeves?Loud chewing, and when drawers or cabinet doors are left ajar. And stickers on fruit.