If you don't know who to call, or have a general inquiry, please call the main line at (360) 586-3065. Someone will direct you to the appropriate staff member.
Many staff are still working remotely. While Email is best point of contact, staff will also be checking voice mails daily.
DAHP staff no longer have office landlines. Each person in the office has a cell phone and the numbers are listed below. The MAIN OFFICE number has not changed. It is 360-586-3065.
- Latest Hobbies?Crossfit, running with my dogs, weightlifting, photographing sunrises and some martial arts when I get the chance
- What's on your ipod?Everything from Beethoven to Broadway Musicals to the Sex Pistols.
- What did your parents do?Mum -Columnist for the NY Times; Dad-Labor Union attorney (including Actor's Equity on Broadway) I sat in a lot of cavernous empty Broadway theaters as a child while my father arbitrated labor disputes.
- First job?Making french fries at Burger King.
- First Album?Hunky Dory - David Bowie.
- First car?Power Wheels. Red. "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
- Guilty pleasure?Watching TV court shows and playing with LEGOs.
- Pets?Walter - a Great Dane / German Shepherd rescue puppy, and Edwin (who looks like a butler) - a Tuxedo cat,
- Pet Peeve?Bad Mexican food, and when Houser makes up profile info about me before I can input info myself!
- Favorite place to visit?You mean I have to pick one?! Definitely New Orleans.
Built Environment Unit
- First Car?Believe it or not... A "pink" 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
- Latest read?Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Architect?Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris - otherwise known as Le Corbusier
- Do you have any Pets?LuLu (German Short-Haired Pointer), and Sparky (Domestic Shorthair Cat)
- Hobbies?Creating the annual homemade Houser Family Christmas Card. Past designs include a playbill, an Oly-Girls Catalog, and scratch-off lottery style tickets.
- First car?1989 Honda Civic
- PetsBouffa and Freyja Jain, Catahoula Leopard Dogs and two tabbies, Stryker and Rubidoux
- Hobbies?In my spare time I sew things and travel as much as possible.
- Pet Peeve?Bad service
- Favorite place to visit?the Caribbean
- What hobbies do you have?Knitting, baking, reading, scary movies, video gaming (pretty much exclusively Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasies, but always down for a round of Mario Party)
- What is your favorite music?Broadway musicals; current favorite: Hadestown; other favorites: Pirates of Penzance, Wicked
- What types of pets do you have?Corgis; Howard – Pembroke Welsh, Lilo – corgi/sheltie mix
- What was your first job?Stage crew for the local theater
- What are you currently reading?Clan of the Cave Bear; Indian-ish (do cookbooks count?); Jack the Ripper; The Martian Chronicles
- What was your first car?1996 Camry Station Wagon named “Carl”.
- Do you have any pets?One cat named Didi with a chipped ear found wandering the streets of Charleston, SC., and two snakes, Murphy and Flower.
- What are your hobbies?Anything paranormal related, driving backroads looking for old buildings.
- Pet Peeve?When people are rude to service workers.
- Favorite place to visit?The South
- What was your first car?1970 Buick Skylark with big wide tires and lots of chrome.
- Pet Peeve?I can't eat meat on the bone! Weird I know!!
- What are your hobbies when your not busy at work?Pez Collecting, 20th Century Military History and closet geneologist.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... but I don't let anyone know that.
- Pets?Baghera & Penelope - Tuxedo Cats and The Stray Cat Mr. Pickles
- What do you drive?My first car was a 1968 Austin 1300. Now it’s a 1962 Land Rover Series IIA.
- What are your hobbies when you’re not busy at work?Tinkering on the Land Rover.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... and I prefer Ubuntu.. open source.
- Do you have any Pets?Cisco—the Wonder dog, a rescue Chihuahua
- What do you have that most others lack?Mandibular tori
- What do you lack that most others have?Xyphoid process
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?fter soaking and screening woodrat middens, the smell of amberat stays in your nose for days.
- What do you read besides project proposals, consultation letters, and cultural resource reports?I am working through the list of Science Fiction Grand Masters.
- What was your first car?A 1998 Jeep Cherokee with a multitude of minor problems.
- Do you have any pets?A cat with one eye and a rabbit with a broken tear duct. Looking for a three-legged dog to complete the trifecta.
- What is your favorite holiday?Halloween!
Records Management Unit
- What are your favorite activities?Camping & hiking with my kiddo
- What was your first job?Working at my high school friend’s family-owned pizza parlor in Idaho
- What is your favorite music?Folk Rock & Queen
GIS Unit Unit
- What is your favorite hobby?SCUBA diving around the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- Most remote place you have ever hiked?Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Other languages you speak?Spanish
- First album you ever bought?Mezmerize by System of a Down and O.C.M.S. by Old Crowe Medicine Show. Bought them on the same day.
- What was your first job?I waited tables, bussed, hosted, and occasionally washed dishes at a BBQ restaurant in my hometown. It is still the best brisket I’ve ever had.
- Pet peeve?That wet ear feeling when someone whispers in your ear and you can hear all their mouth sounds. . . not a good time.
- Favorite Joke?The snail who won the lottery. He was so tired of being a slow snail, so he went to the nearest car dealer. He told the sales person he wanted the fastest car possible and because he wanted everyone to know it was a snail driving, he asked for “S” decals