Please note that due to the pandemic, all staff are working remotely. While Email is best point of contact, staff will also be checking voice mails daily. Additionally due to State Budget shortfalls staff will be furloughed one day a month through November. The days for office closure are: September 28; October 26; November 25. Additionally, through November, all staff will be working Monday - Friday schedules, though hours of the day may vary.
**Also note that as of September 3, 2020, DAHP staff no longer have office landlines. Each person in the office has a cell phone and the numbers are listed below. The MAIN OFFICE number has not changed. It is 360-586-3065.
- Latest Hobbies?Crossfit, running with my dogs, weightlifting, photographing sunrises and some martial arts when I get the chance
- What's on your ipod?Everything from Beethoven to Broadway Musicals to the Sex Pistols.
- What did your parents do?Mum -Columnist for the NY Times; Dad-Labor Union attorney (including Actor's Equity on Broadway) I sat in a lot of cavernous empty Broadway theaters as a child while my father arbitrated labor disputes.
- First job?Making french fries at Burger King.
- First Album?Hunky Dory - David Bowie.
Built Environment Unit
- First Car?Believe it or not... A "pink" 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
- Latest read?Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
- Favorite Architect?Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris - otherwise known as Le Corbusier
- Do you have any Pets?LuLu (German Short-Haired Pointer), and Sparky (Domestic Shorthair Cat)
- Hobbies?Creating the annual homemade Houser Family Christmas Card. Past designs include a playbill, an Oly-Girls Catalog, and scratch-off lottery style tickets.
- First car?1989 Honda Civic
- PetsBouffa and Freyja Jain, Catahoula Leopard Dogs and two tabbies, Stryker and Rubidoux
- Hobbies?In my spare time I sew things and travel as much as possible.
- Pet Peeve?Bad service
- Favorite place to visit?the Caribbean
- First car?Power Wheels. Red. "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
- Guilty pleasure?Watching TV court shows and playing with LEGOs.
- Pets?Walter - a Great Dane / German Shepherd rescue puppy, and Edwin (who looks like a butler) - a Tuxedo cat,
- Pet Peeve?Bad Mexican food, and when Houser makes up profile info about me before I can input info myself!
- Favorite place to visit?You mean I have to pick one?! Definitely New Orleans.
- What hobbies do you have?Knitting, baking, reading, scary movies, video gaming (pretty much exclusively Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasies, but always down for a round of Mario Party)
- What is your favorite music?Broadway musicals; current favorite: Hadestown; other favorites: Pirates of Penzance, Wicked
- What types of pets do you have?Corgis; Howard – Pembroke Welsh, Lilo – corgi/sheltie mix
- What was your first job?Stage crew for the local theater
- What are you currently reading?Clan of the Cave Bear; Indian-ish (do cookbooks count?); Jack the Ripper; The Martian Chronicles
- What was your first car?1970 Buick Skylark with big wide tires and lots of chrome.
- Pet Peeve?I can't eat meat on the bone! Weird I know!!
- What are your hobbies when your not busy at work?Pez Collecting, 20th Century Military History and closet geneologist.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... but I don't let anyone know that.
- Pets?Baghera & Penelope - Tuxedo Cats and The Stray Cat Mr. Pickles
- What was your first car?1997 Dodge Neon- it didn’t last long… It crumpled like tissue paper when I was rear-ended on my way to take the GRE back in college. Stressful day.
- What is your favorite animal?A cheetah. This seems a little out of character with my otherwise laid back personality, but I like to run fast.
- Do you have any pets?My little bichon frisé Hubert, a toothless wonder; an aquarium of freshwater fish; and plants, plants, and more plants. Is there such a thing as too many plants?
- Do you have any favorite books?East of Eden, Travels with Charley, The Catcher in the Rye, A Wrinkle in Time, Slaughterhouse Five, Welcome to the Monkey House… and so many more.
- What was you first job?When I turned 14, I started filing at a local insurance agency- I used to lose my press-on nails in the files.
- What do you drive?My fisrt car was a 1968 Austin 1300. Now it’s a 1962 Land Rover Series IIA.
- What are your hobbies when you’re not busy at work?Tinkering on the Land Rover.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... and I prefer Ubuntu.. open source.
- Do you have any Pets?Cisco—the Wonder dog, a rescue Chihuahua
- What do you have that most others lack?Mandibular tori
- What do you lack that most others have?Xyphoid process
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?fter soaking and screening woodrat middens, the smell of amberat stays in your nose for days.
- What do you read besides project proposals, consultation letters, and cultural resource reports?I am working through the list of Science Fiction Grand Masters.
- What was your first car?A 1998 Jeep Cherokee with a multitude of minor problems.
- Do you have any pets?A cat with one eye and a rabbit with a broken tear duct. Looking for a three-legged dog to complete the trifecta.
- What is your favorite holiday?Halloween!
Records Management Unit
- What are your favorite activities?Camping & hiking with my kiddo
- What was your first job?Working at my high school friend’s family-owned pizza parlor in Idaho
- What is your favorite music?Folk Rock & Queen
GIS Unit Unit
- What is your favorite hobby?SCUBA diving around the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- Most remote place you have ever hiked?Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Other languages you speak?Spanish
- What are your favorite activities?Tending to my house plants, reading, running, international travel, dance, and beachcombing.
- Do you have any pets?Three cats: Cleo (white and grey domestic, quite old and very petite), Fig (maine coon/tabby mix, class clown), and Cricket (tabby, is baby).
- What was your first job?I worked at a daycare out of high school.
- Pet peeves?Loud chewing, and when drawers or cabinet doors are left ajar. And stickers on fruit.
- What was your first car?I've never had a car... I use public transport!
- Do you have any pets?Jacques my bob-tail tabby cat
- What is your favorite music?I prefer early 17th century opera
- What kind of music do you listen to?R&B and hip hop/rap for the most part, but I’ll listen to anything except country music
- What are some of your hobbies?Working with the medically fragile community and being a superior plant mom
- Do you have any pets?Piper - my purrfect fluffy angel baby