Please note that due to the pandemic, all staff are working remotely. While Email is best point of contact, staff will also be checking voice mails daily. Additionally due to State Budget shortfalls staff will be furloughed one day a month through November. The days for office closure are: August 17; September 28; October 26; November 25. Additionally, through November, all staff will be working Monday - Friday schedules, though hours of the day may vary.
- Latest Hobbies?Crossfit, running with my dogs, weightlifting, photographing sunrises and some martial arts when I get the chance
- What's on your ipod?Everything from Beethoven to Broadway Musicals to the Sex Pistols.
- What did your parents do?Mum -Columnist for the NY Times; Dad-Labor Union attorney (including Actor's Equity on Broadway) I sat in a lot of cavernous empty Broadway theaters as a child while my father arbitrated labor disputes.
- First job?Making french fries at Burger King.
- First Album?Hunky Dory - David Bowie.
Built Environment Unit
- First Car?Believe it or not... A "pink" 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
- Latest read?Wheel Estate: The Rise & Decline of Mobile Homes by Allan D. Wallis - 1991
- Favorite Architect?Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gris - otherwise known as Le Corbusier
- Pets?LuLu (German Short-Haired Pointer), and Sparky (Domestic Shorthair Cat)
- Hobbies?Creating the annual homemade Houser Family Christmas Card. Past designs include a playbill, an Oly-Girls Catalogue, and sratch-off lottery style tickets.
- First car?1989 Honda Civic
- PetsBouffa and Freyja Jain, Catahoula Leopard Dogs and two tabbies, Stryker and Rubidoux
- Hobbies?In my spare time I sew things and travel as much as possible.
- Pet Peeve?Bad service
- Favorite place to visit?the Caribbean
- First car?Power Wheels. Red. "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
- Guilty pleasure?Watching TV court shows and playing with LEGOs.
- Pets?Walter - a Great Dane / German Shepherd rescue puppy, and Edwin (who looks like a butler) - a Tuxedo cat,
- Pet Peeve?Bad Mexican food, and when Houser makes up profile info about me before I can input info myself!
- Favorite place to visit?You mean I have to pick one?! Definitely New Orleans.
- What was your first car?1970 Buick Skylark with big wide tires and lots of chrome.
- Pet Peeve?I can't eat meat on the bone! Weird I know!!
- What are your hobbies when your not busy at work?Pez Collecting, 20th Century Military History and closet geneologist.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... but I don't let anyone know that.
- Pets?Baghera & Penelope - Tuxedo Cats and The Stray Cat Mr. Pickles
- What do you drive?My fisrt car was a 1968 Austin 1300. Now it’s a 1962 Land Rover Series IIA.
- What are your hobbies when you’re not busy at work?Tinkering on the Land Rover.
- Are you technologically challenged?No... and I prefer Ubuntu.. open source.
- Do you have any Pets?Cisco—the Wonder dog, a rescue Chihuahua
- What do you have that most others lack?Mandibular tori
- What do you lack that most others have?Xyphoid process
- What odd truth have you learned through experience?fter soaking and screening woodrat middens, the smell of amberat stays in your nose for days.
- What do you read besides project proposals, consultation letters, and cultural resource reports?I am working through the list of Science Fiction Grand Masters.
Records Management Unit
- What is your favorite hobby?SCUBA diving around the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- Most remote place you have ever hiked?Patagonia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Other languages you speak?Spanish